This Excel introduction Course will give you the basic skills for working with Excel spreadsheets. To the right and below you can see where and when the next course in Excel spreadsheets are offered. We also offer company customized courses.
Up to 10 participants
For 1 or 2 participants
Attend an open course
Excel Basic - conducted in english
Through this course you will learn how to format and arrange your data for improved readability, how to create and format charts, how to use formulas and calculations and use some of Excels tools for handling large amounts of data.
2 days from 09:00 to 16:00
You can participate in this course whether you use Excel 2019, 2016, 2013 or Office 365.
No prior knowledge to Excel is needed to participate in this course.
If you have a certain degree of knowledge to Excel or you want a quicker review or a brush up, we can offer you a 1 day course.
How we teach
You will be introduced to each topic interactively, which will allow you to learn both by seeing, hearing and practice simultaneously.
Each topic will be followed by relevant exercises. If you have any questions or if you have any Excel examples, our instructor will be pleased to help you.
Introduction to Excel
- Intro to Excel
- Review of the user interface
- Customizing the user interface
Building Excel spreadsheet
- Entering, editing and deleting data in Excel
- Adjusting rows and columns
- Delete, insert columns and rows
- Naming, inserting and deleting sheets
- Insert comments in the cells
- Selecting and Navigating in Excel
- Navigating within the spreadsheet
- Navigating between sheets
- Selecting Data
Formulas and functions
- Building and editing formulas
- Locking cell references
- Introduction to built-in functions such as:
- Sum – Average – Count – Min – Max – IF
- Copying formulas and functions
- Formulas across sheets
- Numbers and date formatting
- Font and cell formatting
- Formatting borders and lines
- Conditional formatting
- Zero format
Presentation af data
- Creating and editing charts
- Formatting charts
- Copying of charts and pasting into Word / PowerPoint using links
Working with large amounts of data
- The use of Filters for selecting specific topics
- Sorting Data
- Freeze panes (lock viewing to top rows / leftmost columns)
- Use of Table styles
- Using print preview
- Create and manage page layouts
- Repeating headings on all printed pages
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Back to the overview of Excel courses